If you're undergoing orthodontic treatment with Invisalign, you know how important it is to maintain good oral hygiene. One essential part of your oral hygiene routine is using mouthwash. However, not all mouthwashes are created equal, and some may not be suitable for use with Invisalign. In this article, we'll discuss the best mouthwash for Invisalign and what you should look for when choosing one.
When choosing a mouthwash for Invisalign, it's important to consider the ingredients. Some mouthwashes contain alcohol, which can be harsh on the plastic aligners and cause them to become discolored or brittle. Look for an alcohol-free mouthwash that is gentle on the aligners and won't damage them.
Another factor to consider is the fluoride content. Fluoride is essential for maintaining strong teeth and preventing cavities. However, some mouthwashes contain high levels of fluoride, which can be harmful if swallowed. Look for a mouthwash with a lower fluoride content that is safe for use with Invisalign.
We spent hours researching and testing various mouthwashes to find the best one for use with Invisalign. In the next section, we'll share our top picks and explain why they're the best choice for maintaining good oral hygiene during your Invisalign treatment.
As Amazon affiliates we may earn a commission if you purchase a product at no cost to you
Best Mouthwash for Invisalign
If you have Invisalign, you know how important it is to keep your aligners clean and your mouth fresh. While brushing and flossing are essential, sometimes you need a little extra help to get rid of bacteria and prevent bad breath. That's where mouthwash comes in. In this roundup, we've compiled a list of the best mouthwashes for Invisalign wearers. These mouthwashes are designed to kill germs, freshen breath, and protect your aligners from discoloration and damage. So, whether you're looking for an alcohol-free option or a mouthwash that whitens your teeth, we've got you covered.
Biotene Oral Rinse Mouthwash
If you're looking for a mouthwash that provides relief from dry mouth symptoms, Biotene Oral Rinse Mouthwash is a great choice.
- The mouthwash is formulated with a moisturizing system that soothes and lubricates the mouth.
- It provides up to four hours of relief from dry mouth symptoms.
- The mouthwash is alcohol-free and sugar-free, making it gentle on the mouth.
- Some users may not like the fresh mint flavor.
- The mouthwash may not be as effective for severe dry mouth symptoms.
- The bottle may be too large for travel.
Biotene Oral Rinse Mouthwash is a breath freshener and moisturizing mouthwash that provides immediate symptom relief while helping maintain a balanced pH in the mouth. The mouthwash is easy to use and provides long-lasting relief from dry mouth symptoms.
The moisturizing system in the mouthwash soothes and lubricates the mouth, providing relief from dry mouth symptoms. The mouthwash is also alcohol-free and sugar-free, making it gentle on the mouth. The fresh mint flavor is refreshing and leaves the mouth feeling clean and fresh.
However, some users may not like the fresh mint flavor, and the mouthwash may not be as effective for severe dry mouth symptoms. Additionally, the bottle may be too large for travel.
Overall, if you're looking for a mouthwash that provides relief from dry mouth symptoms, Biotene Oral Rinse Mouthwash is a great choice. It's gentle on the mouth, easy to use, and provides long-lasting relief from dry mouth symptoms.
M3 Naturals Retainer Cleaner Tablets
If you're looking for an effective and easy-to-use cleaner for your dental appliances, the M3 Naturals Retainer Cleaner Tablets might be what you need.
- The tablets are laboratory tested and work to restore clarity by removing unwanted odor and buildup in every corner of any oral dental appliance and denture bath.
- The 120 individually wrapped cleaning tablets provide the most complete cleansing solution on the market, restoring clarity to any dental appliance by removing discoloration, stains, plaque, stubborn odors, and tartar.
- The tablets are perfect for denture baths, retainers, aligners, Invisalign, mouth guards, night guards, snore guards, sport, TMJ devices, and all other removable dental appliances.
- The fresh mint scent might be too strong for some users.
- The tablets might not be as effective for heavily stained or dirty appliances.
- Soaking daily in a denture bath is highly recommended for the best results, which might be inconvenient for some users.
These retainer cleaner tablets are easy to use, just drop one tablet into warm tap water along with your dental bath appliance and let the extra-strength cleanser do the rest. You can quickly restore any dental appliance in just minutes.
The M3 Naturals Retainer Cleaner Tablets are FSA/HSA approved and come with a 4-month supply. They're made in the USA and have a best-sellers rank on Amazon. The tablets are individually wrapped, making them easy to use and store.
If you're looking for a convenient and effective cleaner for your dental appliances, the M3 Naturals Retainer Cleaner Tablets are definitely worth trying. They're easy to use, work well, and come with a 4-month supply.
Listerine Total Care Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash
If you're looking for a mouthwash that provides complete care for your mouth, Listerine Total Care Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash is a great option to consider.
- Provides six dental hygiene benefits in one oral rinse
- Strengthens teeth and helps prevent cavities
- Leaves a refreshing clean feeling you can taste
- Some users may find the taste too strong
- May cause a burning sensation in the mouth for some users
- The large bottle may be difficult to store in smaller bathrooms
This fluoride-rich mouthwash offers six dental hygiene benefits in one oral rinse, including killing germs that cause bad breath, restoring enamel, and freshening breath. It also helps prevent cavities and strengthens teeth, making it a great option for those with Invisalign or other dental appliances. The fresh mint flavor leaves your mouth feeling clean and refreshed.
One potential downside of this mouthwash is that the taste may be too strong for some users. Additionally, some users may experience a burning sensation in their mouth after using this product. Finally, the large 1-liter bottle may be difficult to store in smaller bathrooms.
Overall, if you're looking for a powerful mouthwash that provides complete care for your mouth, Listerine Total Care Anticavity Fluoride Mouthwash is definitely worth considering.
Listerine Total Care Alcohol-Free Anticavity Mouthwash
If you want a mouthwash that will provide complete oral care, then you should consider Listerine Total Care Alcohol-Free Anticavity Mouthwash.
- The mouthwash is alcohol-free, making it less intense and more comfortable to use.
- The fluoride-rich formula helps prevent cavities, restores enamel, and strengthens your teeth, making them 50% stronger than just brushing alone.
- Listerine Total Care Zero is 91% naturally derived, leaving a fresh clean feeling you can taste.
- The mouthwash has a strong mint flavor that may be too intense for some people.
- The mouthwash may cause a slight burning sensation in the mouth, although this is common with most mouthwashes.
- The mouthwash may be more expensive than other brands.
This mouthwash is perfect for people who want to protect their teeth by adding a 60-second rinse of this anticavity mouthwash to their morning and evening oral care routines. The fluoride-containing mouthwash offers six benefits in one to kill germs that cause bad breath, strengthen teeth, help prevent cavities, restore enamel, clean your mouth, and freshen breath.
If you are looking for a mouthwash that provides complete oral care, then Listerine Total Care Alcohol-Free Anticavity Mouthwash is a great option. With its fluoride-rich formula, it helps prevent cavities, restores enamel, and strengthens your teeth, making them 50% stronger than just brushing alone.
Colgate Peroxyl Antiseptic Mouthwash and Mouth Sore Rinse
If you're looking for a mouthwash that can help cleanse and promote healing of minor oral irritations, Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Sore Rinse is a great option. Its oxygenating action helps remove oral debris to facilitate healing of oral sores, irritations, and mouth burns. Plus, it soothes minor gum inflammation from dental procedures, dentures, and orthodontic appliances.
- Cleanses and promotes healing of minor oral wounds
- Oxygenating action removes oral debris to facilitate healing
- Soothes minor gum inflammation from dental procedures, dentures, and orthodontic appliances
- May not be as effective for severe oral irritations
- Some users may not like the mint flavor
- May cause temporary discoloration of teeth
If you're dealing with minor oral irritations, Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Sore Rinse can help you find relief. Its antiseptic formula is alcohol-free, so there's no burn. Plus, the mint flavor leaves your mouth feeling fresh and clean.
This mouthwash is easy to use - simply swish it around your mouth for 30 seconds, then spit it out. It's a great addition to your oral care routine and can help you maintain good oral health.
Overall, if you're looking for a mouthwash to help with minor oral irritations, Colgate Peroxyl Mouth Sore Rinse is definitely worth considering. Its gentle formula and effective ingredients make it a great choice for anyone looking for relief from mouth sores, irritations, and inflammation.
When choosing a mouthwash for your Invisalign, there are a few key features to look for. Here are some things to consider:
Alcohol can cause dry mouth and irritation, which can be especially problematic when wearing Invisalign aligners. Look for a mouthwash that is alcohol-free or has a low alcohol content.
Fluoride can help strengthen teeth and prevent cavities, but some Invisalign wearers may be more prone to cavities due to the aligners trapping food particles and bacteria against the teeth. Consider a mouthwash that contains fluoride to help protect your teeth.
Invisalign aligners can create an environment that is conducive to bacterial growth. Look for a mouthwash that has antimicrobial properties to help kill bacteria and keep your mouth clean.
An imbalanced pH level in your mouth can lead to tooth decay and other oral health problems. Look for a mouthwash that is pH balanced to help maintain a healthy oral environment.
Other factors to consider when choosing a mouthwash for Invisalign include:
- Taste: Choose a flavor that you enjoy and that doesn't leave a lingering aftertaste.
- Price: Mouthwash can vary widely in price, so consider your budget when making a choice.
- Ease of use: Some mouthwashes require diluting or mixing, while others are ready to use right out of the bottle. Consider which type of mouthwash is easiest for you to use consistently.
By considering these factors, you can choose a mouthwash that will help keep your mouth healthy and your Invisalign aligners clean.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
Can I use any mouthwash with Invisalign?
While you can use any mouthwash with Invisalign, it is recommended to use an alcohol-free, fluoride mouthwash to avoid any potential damage to the aligners.
What is the best mouthwash for Invisalign?
The best mouthwash for Invisalign is one that is alcohol-free, fluoride-based, and helps prevent cavities and bad breath. Some of the top options include Tom's Alcohol-Free Children's Anticavity Fluoride Rinse, Crest ProHealth Multiprotection Mouthwash, and Therabreath Sparkle Mint.
How often should I use mouthwash with Invisalign?
It is recommended to use mouthwash with Invisalign at least twice a day, after brushing your teeth. This helps to remove any remaining bacteria and keep your aligners and mouth clean and fresh.